FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:42 pm
James Luckard

Originally Posted by daslax
Clever: Grand Hyatt NY to Hyatt Grand Central NY, maybe no one will notice the downgrade?

Still smarting that I was involuntarily moved here from Andaz Wall St since they will not be re-opening. Very reluctant to stay here, but they've upgraded me to a Pres Suite and it will tick off a brand explorer, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. My stay is days after the scheduled open and they've assured me they will be open and "ready to offer a premium experience". No restaurant and no lounge doesn't sound very "premium" to me.
Yep, a 102-year-old hotel set for demolition, reopening for 18 months, under a downgraded brand, with a skeleton staff and minimal facilities, only in order to avoid having to pay severance to its employees. Doesn't scream "premium" to me.

The press release also makes no mention of reopening the massive convention/banquet facilities. I'll bet one way to reopen with only 25% of staff is to leave those shuttered.