FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:13 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NXflyer
Hi All,

So I am trying to rebook a cancelled flight, with a sector UUA to Club to later in the year, but hitting a wall of their being no avios space available on the dates that I want to move the booking to and that as the rebooking is outside of the -3/+14 window, it can't be done.

I thought that as long as there was any seat available in the cabin that it could be rebooked as long as the origin & destination were the same (and this is what is mentioned in the WIKI). Has the policy / guidelines changed recently, or is it a case of the agent being wrong and I need to try HUCA?

If I was to cancel the UUA and revert to the WTP cabin, would that then mean that any seat in the cabin could be rebooked and I just sit out and wait to see if another business seat is made available vai UUA?

TIA
the policy hasn’t changed, the mid February update (I think in post 693 or thereabouts) is still current. You can rebook up to ticket validity without the need for reward availability.