FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Kansas City - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:45 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just spent two nights at Hotel KC and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout.

No issues with Globalist recognition (award stay) and the bill had a zero balance at check-out (despite numerous internet, food and valet charges). I used valet each day during the stay (maybe a 5-10 minute wait for the car if they were busy) and had no issues. Breakfast options were somewhat limited, though tasted good. They had two choices of breakfast burritos, a brioche bun and some other pastries. Several hot beverages to choose from as well. I would like to see more variety, but it wasn't too bad for being free. We went to the nearby Mushuggah Bagels this morning for some variety.

The room was comfortable and nicely furnished. Our room was on the twelfth floor and faced to the Kauffmann Center and points south. Though older, the windows blocked a majority of sounds from P&L, with the exception of the numerous sirens in KCMO.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay. I would most definitely return and am thrilled to have a Hyatt option downtown. I was extremely disappointed when the recently opened Convention Center hotel turned into a Loews, not Hyatt, so I hope this is the first of at least a few more Hyatt options for those of us in KS/MO.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Oct 8, 2021 at 10:21 pm Reason: added photos.