FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:45 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nh1980
Back to back: Excellent (use stairs upwards between gates 5 and 6, against flow); Transfer: Excellent if domestic, otherwise Reasonable; Landside: Reasonable

I tried and failed miserably to do this at BHD, I think most flights arrive and depart from Gate 4 which you can conveniently get from the Aspire lounge to. But I couldn't find any stairs, I think it was either gate 5 or 6 I couldn't find on the ground floor corridor (I saw gate 7) so traipsed out of arrivals and then back into departures. Is there meant to be a bypass security and duty free route or..?
If this is on BA from LHR I assume you arrived on to the jetbridge on gate 4. You go downstairs as normal on to the ground floor corridor. Rather than going off the corridor to the right for arrivals you should come across open doors on the left between gates 5 and 6 which lead to stairs going up - there may be people coming down to the gates but you just go against the flow. If you ended up boarding a flight which didn't go from the jetbridge (so BACF flight for eg) these are the stairs you use to come down to the gate.

At the top the automatic doors activate from both side and once through you are in the departures area with the lounge off to the right. No security and no going through the duty free shop.