FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:13 am
Visconti

Unlike most issuers, for whatever reason, I hardly ever get flagged with fraud alerts when using my Amex cards. The one and only time I can ever recall getting that annoying reply to text or confirm an app fraud thing before a purchase was many years ago when I tried to make a purchase at a Walmart. Amex wouldn't allow it until I texted confirmation that I was indeed making the purchase.

Personally, I think this is a good addition, and I welcome some kind of competition to Amazon's growing dominance. En masse inclusion is a good thing, and it's not surprising that Amex has adjusted to our changing demographics and market place. Now, I can count on one hand the times I've ordered anything from Walmart, but why not? Assuming their prices aren't any higher than Amazon's, and one may likely double dip from those cashback/points portal things.

Just off the top of my head, from all the stuff they've added, this is, for a single year anyway, the single best value proposition CC I've ever seen, especially for those with the 150K bonus.

PS - No idea what the soulcycle or wellness things are, and I have little understanding (or, appreciation) for either. LOL