FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pet transport in US
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:42 pm
planet_erg

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald
OK, so here is the latest in this saga, which is getting a little crazy. I contacted the UK Goverments Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) to check what documents I needed to take my dog from UK to USA and the informed me (both over the phone and via email) that I do not need an official Export Health Certificate EHC) and that just a letter from my vet saying that my dog is fit to fly and proof of rabbies vaccine is enough. I checked with the CDC in the USA and the USDA guidance on this, and they confirmed the same. I then checked the Animal Health Division for Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources who informed me (via email from their Director) that they require an EHC from the UK. I went back to APHA - they have EHC forms for every country and even the state of Hawaii, but not for any other state or for general export to the USA and they reiterated that I do not need one according to the CDC. I went back to MA and they said that while the CDC does not require one, the state of MA does.

Has anyone recently taken a dog from UK to USA with entry into BOS? How did you achieve this? It looks like NY and NJ do not have such requirements, so it is only MA (and my final destination MO) that are being difficult on this. Is there a generic EHC that can be used?