FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:15 pm
WaytoomuchEurope

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
Finished my first round trip TATL, AC through YYZ to VIE on the way over and LH through FRA to YVR on the way back. In general, compared to the last time I did this, when dinner was a cold box lunch and the only drink they provided was a bottle of water, things have returned to just about normal onboard, and the service was quite good on both of the long legs (especially with the much appreciated op-up from LH on the way back).

A few notes:

- My BC digital vaccination certificate was accepted everywhere, notwithstanding my mixed vaccinations
- On return, CBSA only looked at my ArriveCAN receipt. They didn't seem to care about my right on the edge of 72 hrs. PCR test at all
- There was a very long line to get documents checked in FRA that moved very slowly as people waited until they were at the front to start pulling things up on their phones. The flight left half an hour late as a result, and my Zone 1 BP was useless as you can't get to the gate until after the doc check. Lufthansa claims this can be done by uploading docs to their app, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. I would try to get a check-in agent to do the doc check if that is an option

All in all it was great to get back in the air, hit a few lounges and re-experience the joys of 9 time zone jet lag. Hopefully I'll do this at least one more time before the end of the year, and hopefully things go as smoothly.
Thanks for the info re: FRA doc check. I’ll remember to do that as early as possible before heading to the lounge when I fly out of here this weekend.