FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska First Is So Much Better Than American First
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:47 am
Ilove2fly

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
AS service is definitely better. They handle IRROP better as well. It is true that their equipment makes them less competitive for the longer routes.

Late June, there were staffing issues at SEA. Our plane sat at the gate for nearly an hour waiting for ground staffs to get to us. A few days later, $50 flight credits showed for each of us. We did not ask for it. It just showed up in our email inbox.

I have flown first between LAX -- IAH and PHX --IAH both on American Eagle. The service is drinks only even in first. AS would have provided a sandwich or a snack box.

Finally, late June, my husband traveled with crotches due to a broken ankle. AS FA were compassionate and kind. They told him about the special emergency procedure for people needing assistance to walk. When he needed to use the bathroom, they blocked the aisle to give him time, offered to spot him in case if he falls. When I flew with crotches years ago due to a broken leg, neither the gate agent nor the FA (won't mentioned the company here) cared. It is an amazing difference when specially attention is needed.