FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:42 pm
ncSam

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I checked into this property on a Sunday afternoon for a one night stay while visiting family in the area. I booked a Garden View room using a FNC that was expiring. I wasn't proactively upgraded, but inquired upon check-in and was offered a complimentary upgrade to a Coastline View or an Ocean View room for $200. I took the Coastline View room, which was very spacious with a decent sized closet and dual vanities. Perhaps the rooms with lesser views are larger than the ocean front rooms.

I had dinner at Raya, which was excellent. EnoSteak remains closed, and Raya has a reduced menu which didn't bother me at all. The Poloncillo Shrimp and Pan Roasted Seabass dishes were phenomenal. This too was the highlight of my stay. Even if you think you don't need them, I recommend making a reservation. At 5pm, the restaurant was already fully committed and on a wait list. Sunset from the restaurant was beautiful. I had a few after dinner drinks at 180blu, which I would recommend as well.

The staff I interacted with were very friendly, but there were quite a few gaps in service on the day I checked in. There was no corkscrew in the room, so I phoned the front desk to request one. There was about a 5 minute hold time to reach the front desk, which is something I've never experienced at any hotel, let alone one of this caliber. Forty five minutes later, the corkscrew had not arrived, so I again tried the front desk but was unable to reach them. I ended up walking
​back to the lobby to make my request again. I also tried to take the beach shuttle, but the drivers failed to answer their phone on two occasions. There were quite a few weddings and corporate events on property, but nothing seemed overly busy or crowded. I found it a bit odd that the main pool doesn't have a view of the ocean.

The hotel had no problem giving me a 2pm checkout which was nice. Overall, the incredible views and dining made this an enjoyable stay.

Last edited by ncSam; Oct 6, 2021 at 6:34 am