FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska First Is So Much Better Than American First
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:03 pm
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Alaska First Is So Much Better Than American First

I planned to do a whole review when I completed a week plus of mileage runs, 95 percent Alaska first and 5 percent American with all miles crediting for Aa, though I’ve only got a couple go to and the results are obvious. Alaska wins by a million.

We’ve had some issues with service dogs, the crew handled them fine. Every single crew (even the flights that were just ok) introduced themselves to everyone in first and generally knew our names or faked it by reading it from their sheet. That was a very nice touch.

I had shoddy Wi-Fi on a flight and while Alaska didn’t refund the months Wi-if plan they did give me a 50 dollar discount on a future booking.

Literally on 10 pieces of metal on Alaska in first this last week my only complaints have been:
  • No champagne
  • No cranberry juice
  • No lie flat on a 5 hour routing.
  • the guy at first class check in today who asked me why I didn’t use the kiosk since it’s faster even though I was the ONLY one in line. He will single handed my ruin the airport survey from Alaska listens today and yes I have your full name

but overall I am telling you, Alaska is way better!!! On American there was no introduction (to our group or individually) nor custom hello mr Jones - and no food besides pretzels and biscoff. Plenty of mini bottles handed out though. I can’t fault our FA but the company culture. Oh and my seat was broken, ZERO RECLINE. Freaking American why would you be shocked when I eventually status match and move? You keep sucking. It’s. It even one offs. Alaska rocks minus their Wi-Fi and overall tech