FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by gamecock2009
First time here and wanted some advice. I signed up for the CSR 5 years ago got the 100k bonus and downgraded to the freedom a few years back and have sat on my points ( around 200k) to save for my honeymoon next year. Ive come to realize I need to have a current CSR or CSP to actually transfer those points out to another program. Ive been pre-approved for the CSP and the current 100k sign-up offer so I'm most likely doing that. The only thing I'm hesitant on is that I've read that if I've had any sapphire bonus within the past 48 months and the chase customer service has been 0 help verifying the timeline of when i got the previous bonus on the CSR. On the pre-approval page it shows the 100k though.
The advice from guv1976 is good. Also, you can go ahead and apply; if you're not eligible for the bonus your application won't go through and there won't be a credit report pulled. Thus, there's nothing to lose by trying.

RNE, wishing you a happy honeymoon.