FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:45 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
True, I could have knocked on the glass door leading into the secure area as well or talked to the security guards at baggage claim I suppose.
Once you get to baggage claim, it's too late - you've left the secured area. Knocking on the glass might work, but if you wander away from the arrivals path, you might attract unwanted attention. Talking to the ramp agent is by far the best way to do it.

Not an issue as I had an hour in between so more than enough time to walk outside to enjoy a few minutes of fresh air without a mask on. Just thought it would’ve been more seamless to connect given that YQM is specifically listed in the AC timetable for connections, with a 15 minute MCT DOM-DOM.
Odd that AC is still publishing any 15-minute MCTs given the gate officially closes 15 minutes before departure. So even if your inbound is on time at T-15, you could (in theory) be offloaded for not being at the departing gate on time.

I'm guessing this is a case of the policy being 15-minute MCT but staff just not being used to it, because it's probably rare for anyone to connect there, and even rarer for it to be a tight connection. But yeah, having to re-clear security could easily make anything close to a 15-minute connection impossible.