FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:34 am
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
maybe “negative” was too strong - in the years I had the CSR, the travel credit was used for Uber or Subway passes, so it felt kind of ordinary. I get more sentimental value using credits for stuff like flights, hotel stays, etc. Its a good feature, but it is not a reason to get the card IMO. When people mention the travel credit as a pro CSR point, I kind of shrug - it’s just an annual fee offset. So are the Platinum credits, but there are many more of them
Yep. It's mainly an offset of the annual fee. But as you stated Amex can have some good offers that actually put money in your pocket, like the Best Buy, Home Depot and even Home Chef deals. I used everyone of those and I still have a $100 Delta GC I purchased from Best Buy that I will use along with the $200 airline credit this year. But lately they have been slacking royally. Also that Dell deal wasn't bad either.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Oct 2, 2021 at 8:41 am