FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Nov 3, 2004, 10:02 pm
saimike

with all these bad experiences, i thought i'd share my good experience at being walked.

i had a glonp2 with the hilton cavalieri. we were driving in from florence and were delayed, so i decided to call ahead to let them know and also ask for directions. very soon, i was speaking to a very apologetic manager of sorts who explained that they dont have a room for me (i was diamond) as a huge delegation extended their stay for another day, and proceeded to take my down number so he can call me back when appropriate arrangements were made.

soon, i got a call from that mgr who told me he'll like to put me up at the hotel eden near via veneto (downtown rome) for the night. he also mentioned that he'll throw in breakfast (the hotel eden's 6th floor buffet breakfast wasn't cheap but it had a magnificient view) and upgrade me to a suite for the rest of my stay at the cavalieri.

and it all happened like he said.

while i was inconvenienced and lost a few hours on day2 which could have been more profitably spent doing the usual touristy things, i must admit that his resolution was quite a class act.