FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 onwards - Consolidated "Standby for HA Inter-island flights?" thread
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:24 pm
Moms Pelham

Originally Posted by dkc192
If I want to standby/same-day change onto an interisland connection that is just under the MCT (and therefore cannot be ticketed when booking), am I SOL?

For context, if flying LAX-HNL-LIH, HA1 arrives at 9:50. The first legal connection HA will sell is on HA273, departing at 12:00. HA253, departing at 10:40, would be a 50-minute connection, which is 15 minutes under MCT but doable if HA1 arrives on time. I'll have no checked bags.
I have done a same day standby (my situation may not exactly be your as I am a Pualani Platinum status), but, I can't do it if there is less than 30 minutes before the flight is to leave. If my inbound to HNL flight gets in early and I can deplane, walk from the arriving gate to the guest services desk at the interiland terminal and get a new boarding pass all before the 30 minute cut off I will be able to fly the earlier flight. If I don't make that cut off they will tell me I can't go standby on the earlier flight. It is a lot of timing that has to go right, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 2, 2021 at 3:41 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged