FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:28 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
23 OCT 2021 (mini) DO update

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that I'll be in Warsaw (unless something drastically changes) and I'm happy for the (mini) DO to happen

According to current rules all UK travellers can enter Poland with a vaccination certificate - NHS app/printed certificate is accepted. Travellers who are not yet fully vaccinated are subject to 10 days quarantine on arrival. Exact wording from Timatic:
Passengers could be subject to quarantine for 10 days.
This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination
certificate in English or Polish showing that they were fully
vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are:
AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech.
More quarantine exemptions can be found at
https://www.gov.pl/web/coronavirus/t...ry-limitations
Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued more than 10
years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
At the moment there are no restrictions in Poland, but number of daily cases has been rising steadily (crossed 1k a few days ago), so some restrictions may be put in place in a near future, but I wouldn't expect anything major.

Returning to the UK should be straightforward for fully vaccinated travellers - no pre-departure test required, just Day 2 test booked for the PLF.

Venue - I suggest we stick with Hala Koszyki - there's an awesome bar in the middle where anyone can get drink of their choice, plus there's a number of food options - from quick take away bites to a restaurant. Weather permitting we could stay outdoor, or secure some space indoor.

I'm happy to organise a trip to the Warsaw Uprising museum for those who would be interested in. Not sure how many people are keen to visit Warsaw now?

Please let me know via PM or by replying here if you're coming or not