FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Recommendations
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:22 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Jennatraveller
Based on Qatar schedule, I can fly into Salalah (flying Saturday from US) and out of Muscat (leaving Saturday from Oman). If flying into Muscat and out of Salalah, I would have to add more day (leaving Muscat Sunday - not getting back to US till Monday). So prefer to fly into Salalah. But does anyone know if it's hard/ super expensive to rent a car (with or without driver) in Salalah and return in Muscat (one way)?
I'm working on a similar issue. I bought QR biz into Oman. I found that the price jumped substantially if I purchased into SLL rather than MCT. There are four flights a day from MCT to SLL. I will buy one of them. I plan to fly to SLL, stay at Alila, then fly to MCT and have a driver take me to the second Alila. @khabah reported that he drove from Muscat to the Alila near Salalah and it was an 11 hour drive. That's not my jam. If you have found a good fare into SLL, perhaps you can buy a one way ticket to MCT and have a driver take you from there to Alila Jabal Akhdar?? Khabah reported it is a 2 1/2 hour drive to the hotel. You need a 4 wheel drive to go up the mountain road to Alila Jabal Akhdar.