FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:28 am
WesternCDN

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
At many small airports, they very rarely have anyone connecting (or returning on the plane that just came in). The best thing to do is to talk to the AC ramp agent as you deplane. Let them know you're connecting (have your next BP ready to show them) and ask whether you can get straight back in to the secured area.

I haven't been to YQM, but this has been successful for me at YCD, YKA, YXC, YCG, YXJ, YQU, YXS. But unsuccessful at YYF, YBG, YGR, YZP, YPR. (Surprisingly, YZV deplanes into the secured area, so no special treatment needed). And YMMV based on who's working that day, I think. Responses I've gotten have ranged from "of course, no problem!" to "Transport Canada would never allow that!".
True, I could have knocked on the glass door leading into the secure area as well or talked to the security guards at baggage claim I suppose. Not an issue as I had an hour in between so more than enough time to walk outside to enjoy a few minutes of fresh air without a mask on. Just thought it would’ve been more seamless to connect given that YQM is specifically listed in the AC timetable for connections, with a 15 minute MCT DOM-DOM.