FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:16 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PDXflying
If I'm reading correctly some people have gotten a residual credit FFC when the fare drops? Originally, I had thought I could not do this. If it is possible, how do you do that? I have a trip booked for next April (3 people) and current fare is over $100 per passenger cheaper. I chatted with an agent they said they could not help cause I booked the ticket over 30 days ago. Seemed like an odd answer as I'm not sure why the 30days matters. ...
Because UA has a policy allowing the agent to refare to the lower fare in the first 30 days for a $50 service fee

Originally Posted by PDXflying
Can I just cancel the reservation get a FFC and rebook using that FFC and the difference in fare is given to me in some form of credit?
Not that simple. You can not use the FFC to rebook the same flight. So you need to cancel, book a different flight for the same or lower fee, than cancel again and rebook the original flight for the lower fee. Along the way in one or both rebookings you will pick up the credit.

You can ask why UA makes this difficult BECAUSE it is not in their interest to let you do this.