FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:02 pm
daslax

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by PDXflying
If I'm reading correctly some people have gotten a residual credit FFC when the fare drops? Originally, I had thought I could not do this. If it is possible, how do you do that? I have a trip booked for next April (3 people) and current fare is over $100 per passenger cheaper. I chatted with an agent they said they could not help cause I booked the ticket over 30 days ago. Seemed like an odd answer as I'm not sure why the 30days matters.
Can I just cancel the reservation get a FFC and rebook using that FFC and the difference in fare is given to me in some form of credit?
I have a very similar question with slightly different details. I booked a ow J ticket LAX-EWR through Amex Travel that has now gone down in price by ~$50 per pax. If I try to change it online, I am given other flight options, some of them with additional fare collect, some with $0 change, but none with a lower fare offer (even though many should be available). At the top, it states that I should reach out to my travel agent as .com will not provide residual credits. Amex Travel says UA policy is that residual fare is forfeited, so they cannot rebook at the lower fare.

Another option available to me on .com is to just cancel the flights, and it is offering a FFC for the full amount of the fare. Is this instantly available so that I can rebook at the new fare immediately? And will I be able to use that residual $100, or is there some kind of restriction with tickets booked through an agent?

Lastly, would an agent be able to re-price over the phone or same issue as .com... no residual if booked outside of UA channels?