FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:40 pm
traveler4ever

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the replies! Well, I have returned from NYC. Beautiful there. Central Park was gorgeous. It was so breezy. I forgot about those beautiful fall days up North.

Anyway, when I checked in, we were given a nice corner room. Front facing seventh avenue and the side facing downtown. I didn't have to ask, they told me right away that we had a complimentary breakfast for each morning of our stay. It was very nice actually. Made to order french toast, pancakes, omlettes, or eggs prepared any way you ask for them. Great happy hour at the bar also. Half price domestic (bottle) beer, well drinks or wine from 6:00-8:00. Overall, I thought the room was kinda small for a double tree but about the same size as the "suite" we were given at the New York Millenium. I'd stay there again. Good location.

Oh, and just to inform anyone that stays st the Doubletree or the Hilton Times Square on 42nd street... Across the street there is a "Sketchers" shoe store. In the back of the store there is a water bar! They have all kinds of bottled water including that new Vitamin water, and sparkling water for $1.00 a bottle!! I paid $4.25 for a bottle of water in the mini bar one evening. The next morning we went to the sketcher store and bought a couple of waters to put in the little fridge in our room. I can't believe water costs so much in a mini bar!