FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:09 am
TenForward

Programs: BA Executive Club, Alaska Mileage Plan, CX Gold, SPG Gold, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TenForward
Great to know that it will eventually be handled, as this trip is 2 months away. I proactively reached out to AE (escalated to a supervisor who is apparently going to call me back in a few days while he works on getting UA to approve revenue space) because I wanted to get into a better flight on UA Polaris (as opposed to them putting me into an alternative flight I won't be OK with). I figured keeping it in the * Alliance would be OK, but it seems that AC/AE is using COVID as a reason to avoid putting pax into any non AC revenue seats, even when AC cancels a route and the only other option is a * Alliance carrier.
Update: So the AE supervisor called me back, reiterated that it is next to impossible for them to book on UA metal on an AE ticket unless the schedule change was due to UA. He then said that it was much easier for him to book the segment that would get me to SJU on Delta. I couldn't believe this, but minutes later, sure enough, we are booked in DL C class on a 75W with the Delta One flat bed cabin JFK-SJU. UNREAL.

Thanks to all, hope this data point can be helpful.