FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 36 hours in Singapore - comments on planned itinerary
Old Nov 3, 2004, 4:47 pm
BaldEmu

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
36 hours in Singapore - comments on planned itinerary

Hi All - I will be in SIN for 30 hours this month on a Mileage Run, and have been trying to plan to make the most of my stay. Any advice would be helpful - two questions in particular.

1) My current plan is to go the Botanical Gardens, Zoo and Night Safari all in a day, interspersed with food runs. Should this be doable? Should I add something else as well?

2) As for the food runs - given the limited amount of stomach space available for such a short time , I've been trying to figure out which dishes to target. My short list is Pepper Crab, Chicken Rice, Satay, Bak Kut Teh, Laksa, Char Kway Teow, Nasi Lemak, Roti John and Fried Hokkien Mie. Even with my best efforts I anticipate only being able to try 5 of these at most. So - are there any that are 'less spectacular' and can be left out, or are there any that I MUST add? And given where the good food can be found, does it seem doable to travel to and from food as well as the zoos and garden?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!!