FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:04 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by asnovici
How long before your arrival to the Uk do you order your tests? Expert Medical says 5 business days from dispatch but I dont know how long does it take for the Royal Mail to deliver, so if I arrive to my hotel on Nov 1, when should I order the Day 2 kit?

Also, when trying to utilize the Royal Mail website or app its seemingly impossible to bring any results for the postal code I need to find a priority postbox. Dont understand what Im doing wrong. Postal code is EH1 3AF.
I had the same trouble with the Royal Mail website. Thought maybe it was just the computer I was on / browser issue or something.

I decided on Randox instead as it turned out there was a collection box within walking distance to my hotel. Kit ordered last Tuesday night and delivered to my hotel on Thursday. Was way quicker then I expected, as I don't arrive until tomorrow. Front desk at hotel assures me they have the package set aside for my arrival, so hopefully it didn't get lost in the meanwhile.

Would err on ordering sooner, and alerting hotel to the package arrival to hold for you. Might have helped I have Marriott Ambassador status....but maybe not. Haha