FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:19 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The pdf talks about both 入国 and 帰国 so basically extends to people entering, but the over all entry ban from 159 countries and suspension of all visa waivers are still in place, so for non residents it remains tricky to enter Japan. The net effect is saving 4 days, and the hotel quarantine should that have been applicable for a region visited 14 days prior.

There are not details yet on how to process the test on day 10. But the MySOS app now has the ability to upload documents, so I would expect that to be the method of communication.
Cool, thank you. I think the language is basically setting itself up for adaptation as the policies evolve. A good sign indeed.
The app having an upload function still points to a somewhat unsophisticated paper based approach as opposed to online monitored tests or electronic submission by the testing facility. I believe that infrastructure will be next once, if, this interim step proves successful.

Overall a great step in the right direction.