FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "What to do during layover/stopover at SFO" thread
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:05 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This is actually not a terrible idea. The farthest forward exit of the BART station at Embarcadero, on the left side, is directly below the Hyatt Regency at the Embarcadero. You'd walk out of the station half a block to the lobby and there are always taxis waiting at that hotel, in my experience. It has an on-street taxi waiting area that holds roughly 5 taxis.

But I would make sure you map out how much time this will take because there would be a significant amount of backtracking depending on exactly where you are going... you're adding about 10 minutes to the train trip then 10-20 minutes to the taxi ride.
Thanks everyone. A few things for me to consider before March. I guess part of it will depend on how early we arrive, and how long immigration takes. If I'm really pressed for time it will have to be a taxi. If I gain an hour with an early arrival and fast immigration I can BART/taxi it