FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Sep 27, 2021, 1:01 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
Not seeing this option for a flight I ticketed on Sep 9th and travel next March. I booked a "W" fare, .COM is showing the price ~$100 lower than what I paid 2 weeks prior. I tried a Change while logged-in and it is only showing First class available as a Change option for the same day.
You'll probably have to change to a different flight (same day...different day...whatever) and then change back to the original flight. I've had to do that several times. While we do have the one report of being able to do it as a change (that I'm aware of), without more consistent reports, I'd be hesitant to say this was something intentional. It's possible the situation of the poster being able to do this was an anomaly, though also potentially possible that UA has made this possible, but isn't consistently working - as many in here know, UAs IT, and what can and can not be done, is not particularly consistent. YMMV.