FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2021: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:05 pm
Rockycore

So it's been a few years since I've used expert flyer. Planning a trip to Europe for late Aug 2022. I was planning on placing a bunch of award notifications to try and grab biz saver. I've been messing around just to make sure I remember how to search and I keep having issues. I know AA uses married logic, so I've been searching for the whole trip vs segment by segment.

So just trying to test expert flyer. If you search on AAs website for BER-SEA on 4/1/22 you'll find BER-LHR,LHR-SEA with a Biz Saver rate. But if I do that exact search in expert flyer is says the AA portion from LHR-SEA has 0 U class seats. Does this have to do with the fact that the BER-LHR segment is on BA? If so is it not possible to use expert flyer like I described above if there's a codeshare involved?

Should I be searching segment by segment and putting award notifications? How does one snag an AA biz saver award on expertflyer or is it impossible? What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance.