FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:08 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Xeno
So I had to move a Jan 2022 HKG trip to May 2022 because a host in Macau told me the quarantine strict rules were expected to remain in place through at least February 2022.
I had ideal flights, but now I arrive at HKG from ICN at 10:30 pm having gone OKC-ATL-ICN. Having enjoyed SkyCity on previous visits to HKG, I will go to SkyCity for a few hours then take a ferry the next morning to Macau.
After a few days in Macau, I return to HKG and SkyCity works well for a brief stay. One challenge is that my HKG-ICN flights leaves at 12:30 am. (I have a long layover at ICN, but will use one of the 'hotels' inside the ICN airport.)
I know that some Marriott properties in places like Ecuador and Brazil will allow one to pay for four hours past late check out, but I assume this is not the case with SkyCity. In other words, one must pay full fare even though I would leave the hotel by 9 pm, right?
I'd contact the hotel directly about this one as you cannot book this scenario online anyway. You don't say if you have status that will get you lounge access there because another scenario would be to use the Platinum late check-out until 4pm and be nice to the lounge staff so you can hang around in the lounge for the additional few hours.

Slightly off topic, but it has to be raised, please do ensure that all these travel reservations are fully flexible and cancellable because what you propose hasn't been possible for 18 months and there's no indication from the authorities when and if there will be any loosening of HK's quarantine or immigration requirements which currently are among the strictest in the world and there's a great deal of frustration among the travelling public in HK about this as it effectively seals this city territory off from the rest of the world. You also don't say if you have residency in HK which will also affect your ability to board flights heading to HK from countries like the US. Hence, ensure everything you book can be cancelled and don't hold your breath. What's happening in the Rest of the World to open up and live with the great plague is not happening in this part of the world.