FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Girls Hotel sighting
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:46 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by adamwebster
Well why not? Don't we all come here to gain useful information on airline travel?? I thought that was the whole purpose.

Yes, I understand that some of you will feel that I am over-reacting but I have had first hand experience of a stalker (no I was not the stalked) with whom I moved in the same circles. He was caught and locked up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/597431.stm I know for a fact that there are strange people out there who are extremely resourceful. To me flyertalk would be the obvious choice of gaining information.

What disappoints me most though is that despite electra's post you fail to realise that things can and do happen

I know that posts on this thread are posted without malice by good people. I am just concerned because that information could be used for other purposes and appalled by the 'moderator's' view that just because SQ market the SQ Girl that that authorises the tracking of off-duty employees whilst demonstrating no regard whatsoever for the dangers justly highlighted by electra.
Hi there, first of all let me say that I can understand your concerns and that it is very honorable of you trying to avoid the spread of such information. ^ However, please be also aware of the fact that anyone who really is up to something in that regard will be able to find that information without too many headaches. If you are traveling a lot on international routes and spent a fair amount of your time in big chain hotels in popular destinations then you are bound to see crews/FA's rather sooner than later. The fact that the SQ girls stand out a lot more than the other crews really can be attributed to their Sarong Kebaya's and their (normally) quite pleasant looks.

Be ensured that the SQ girls are absolutely aware of the fact that they are the center of attention in many places and that they take their own precautions. (I've got an inside source so to speak ) Ever wonder why most often you only meet them in groups (apart from the fact that they are women and asian ) be it for sight seeing, shopping or even when they are out partying. If some nut cases are running around out there and are up to no good then we will not stop them by deleting this thread. In that regard I have to side whith BEYFlyer and MANFlyer that they already know where to go and don't need our forum as a starting point.

Last edited by demue; Nov 3, 2004 at 6:11 am