FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:36 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveS
The date for the change to rapid test for day 2 has not been confirmed yet (unless I missed it). You may still need that to be PCR. Do not book anything until 2 weeks before your visit. Note that the end of October is the school holiday week and airports could be busy along with the testing companies.
For some reason I thought I heard that it is 4th October, but it sounds like I am wrong. The trip begins on 27th October, so I will follow your advice and book a test a couple of weeks before. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Ah yes, the 4th October is regarding the abolition of the green and amber lists. Just found this quote on the BBC ''Travellers will still have to take a PCR test two days after arrival, but this will be replaced by a cheaper and simpler lateral flow test later in October. The government hopes this will be in place "for when people return from half-term breaks".