FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:25 pm
Liam Walshe

Stayed here last weekend on a very reasonable CAA rate ($119) which was about half the regular price. While not The Ritz, the W, or the Westin, I think it is a decent property, despite lacking in amenities.

Unfortunately, the upgrade (as a Plat) was to a Deluxe King (1452) and not to a Junior Suite - despite at least 3 of them being for sale. However, since it was just myself, and the fact that the room was absolutely spotless, I didn't push this.

The room itself was a good size in contrast to the Classic rooms (which are very small, but not unlike what you'd find in, say, Europe). Pre-renovation, the junior suites had a decent sized bathroom, but the bathroom in 1452 was quite small. Unfortunately, I was told the junior suites no longer have jacuzzis as they were taken out during the renovations. The bathrooms in Classic and Deluxe rooms are small, and have a decent (but not outstanding) walk-in shower.

One thing REALLY stands out about this hotel - it was REALLY quiet. No paper thin walls here - they're made of solid concrete. Also, the doors do not have gaps at the bottom. Combine that with the fact that there are only 10 rooms per floor and you seldom hear anything.

The room had a small fridge but no coffee maker - though you could ask for one.

Bedding wasn't quite as comfortable as some other properties, but I did like the fact that they use a duvet cover instead of a flat sheet - this way you know the duvet is clean.

No breakfast was available - at all. A bit annoying, but not the biggest deal - hopefully that will change soon. The restaurant did serve other meals, but I didn't eat there.

The location isn't too bad either - right near the Guy-Concordia Metro. Despite what Google Maps might tell you, just remember to use Exit A (Saint Mathieu) as opposed to the other one - it's a lot closer.

Overall, it's a good choice if you aren't in need of many amenities, and aren't looking for excessive luxury only afforded by some of the other choices - not to mention if they have their crazy prepaid (but refundable) CAA/AAA deals that can be 50% off! Even if you don't drive (and therefore don't think you need CAA) you can now get a CAA membership called "A La Carte" for $20 CAD/year that doesn't include roadside assistance but includes all the savings (including this and VIA Rail) - it's not always advertised, so you may need to call in to CAA to ask about it.

Last edited by Liam Walshe; Sep 20, 2021 at 10:32 pm