FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2021: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:07 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Quick question... As someone who primarily buys J fares, is there any noticeable benefits to having status with AA? I haven't decided where to credit my flights for the remainder of the year to either hit AS MVP75K or AA PlatinumPro. I could hit EXP as well with one more extra trip, so I'm curious if there are any noticeable benefits with having status compared to just buying J fares on AA. Does EXP get Flagship lounge access on non INTL J fares or anything extra from J?
With AA, the real added benefit would be waitlist priority, helpful in the case of irrops or if you want to go standby, etc.

You would also get a separate reservations number, with PLT Pro you'd have the highest priority in the queue for normal reservations agents, while EXP has another number with a subset of agents ("EXP Desk") that are generally more competent and experienced.

But in terms of lounges no, if you're already buying J then PLT Pro or EXP status won't give you anything you wouldn't already get with business class (at least domestically speaking and within North America).