FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The InterContinental London Park Lane Experience
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:48 pm
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HawaiiFlyerDC8
How fun! Thanks for sharing your experience at an Intercontinental. I remember when the chain was owned by Pan Am, and, as a stockholder i thought, what a mistake it was when they sold it off as they fell into debt. Now let me make it clear I only owned one share of Pan Am, a birthday gift, as I was an aviation geek in my teens.
Thanks HawaiiFlyerDC8, what a great story!

Originally Posted by SFO777
Genius1, good to see you back traveling again. Great report and pics of a truly special and elegant hotel.
Thanks very much SFO777! I think you'd like this property, if you haven't stayed there before.

Originally Posted by nequine
Wow a very impressive hotel and its good to get back travelling again isn't it, even if it is within the UK!
Definitely great to be back travelling!

Originally Posted by offerendum
I stayed here last time in 2012. It´s a solid option, no question.
I agree - solid is a good description!

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Possible you have a scan or photo of the Club Experience card please? And also can you confirm the drinks window in the evening please?

How would you say the experience between breakfast service and full evening service? Have dined at Theo's a few times and enjoyed it in the main. I'm just wandering how it makes the transition from day diner breakfast to evening upper tier Italian? Experience wise rather than food? It also begs the discussion what is happening with the Mexican outlet.... and when and if?
Thanks Atacama40 - would it be possible for you to remove the quoted images and text, just because it makes the thread quite long to scroll through!

Club Life service times are as follows:
  • Breakfast between 06:30-10:30 (11:00 at weekends)
  • Light afternoon tea between 15:00-17:00
  • Evening house selection drinks and canapés between 17:30-19:30
Theo Randall feels quite similar during both breakfast and dinner - although the lighting is a fair bit brighter in the morning. Service is probably a little more polished in the evening, but that's being picky - it's great in the morning too. I'm not sure when Ella Canta will reopen.

Originally Posted by chongl
Great TR! The refurbished rooms look much better than what I saw 2 years ago. Although not the nicest hotel on the block, we loved the location and proximity to where we wanted to go.
Thanks chongl, the refurbished rooms are definitely the ones to pick!