FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oceana Santa Monica LXR {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:22 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by whitecastle
Thanks for the response and suggestions. Yes, starting in SF and then spending 3 nights in Ventana Big Sur, 1 night in SLO, 1 night in Santa Barbara, 2 nights in Encino with friends, and then have two nights on Dec 24-26 that I'm trying to figure out a special stay for. Flying out of LAX early on the 27th so have a hotel booked near the airport for 26-27.

I looked into the Del but from recent reviews, it seems that the hotel is pretty worn down with ongoing construction also happening. From what I also see, only the Victorian rooms are available at 95K/night and non of the recently renovated rooms.
Then it sounds like Monarch Beach would be the best place for Christmas. I know the Del's shortcomings, but thought it would be really beautifully decorated that time of year. We're staying there for the first time in July, also burning a 95K cert. I like old places so being in the Victorian rooms doesn't bother me.

Where are you staying by LAX? That might be a time to try the Oceana. There's also a nice Inn nearby (Inn at Playa del Rey) plus the Marina del Rey hotels. No need to stay in a boring airport hotel, unless you are leaving really early.