FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:05 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Pretty disappointing IMO.

- 25% bonus increase. (hundreds of thousands of miles accumulated getting to status, so another bonus isn't really exciting)
- "higher waitlist priority" (i.e. no change)
- same number of (useless) GGUs
- Two AA International upgrades +1
- Complimentary beverage AND snack in main cabin (not very reassuring for upgrades)
- Same number of lounge passes

Would have been nice to see additional lounge passes, and maybe upgrade to premium from X on solo flights. It would also have been nice to see some type of partnership with Hyatt/Mariott/Hilton/Avis/Hertz for comp status like other airlines do.

That said, one thing that would really tick me off is if they start to status match to 100k. When everyone is top tier, status becomes useless.
Agreed. The difference in benefits from MVP to Gold is huge, and for only a mere 20k miles difference (mileage bonus, ability to upgrade a companion, higher u/g priority,more instant upgrades to prem or F, GGUs). The difference in Gold to 75k benefits is not huge by any means (bigger bonus, lounge passes, higher u/g priority) for a much bigger mileage commitment (35k). And even less so for 100k (bigger bonus, higher u/g priority, what else?) for flying an extra 60k. Oh, and a snack in coach! I know I haven’t listed all the benefits, but these are the biggest.

This is a pretty big disappointment, to me anyways. I want more tangible benefits. More GGUs, more lounge passes, more something. This is a big nothingburger.

i do like that they have increased the AS segment requirements for 2022 though.