FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers
Old Nov 2, 2004, 2:31 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Question: has anyone here been on a Starwood timeshare presentation? Are they super-high-pressure or are they a bit more tasteful than that? I've done both Marriott and Hilton timeshare tours and I felt that they were both within acceptable levels of tastefulness. I didn't like them, but they weren't super-high-pressure and I was able to get out the door within the promised amount of time.

This offer looks & smells exactly like the Marriott offer on Kauai. Theirs is about a hundred bucks cheaper and it's a great property, but I think Princeville is even nicer. They might be going off the deep end with the $400/nt. bit, but that deal is an exceptional one compared against any source (including Priceline) and even factoring in the 90-minute presentation.

As for the targeting, I can't speak for Starwood, but when I did the Marriott one I was not targeted. A friend of mine gave me his card and I called the property directly. They gave me the deal. Maybe try that and sort of act all excited about the idea of owning a piece of Hawaii...