FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:16 pm
MarkNoThanks

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No worries. I was really tired and so read your post about 5 times so as not to misunderstand it and make a mistake as I have done in the past when I'm at the keyboard but should be in bed, LOL.

I personally highly value a sunset and unobstructed view so I would take it as it's only $123.20 per night in this case.

As for upgrade options; where they have no inventory to upsell they won't give you the option when emailing. However, and this is a mystery, they sometimes don't give you all the options available even when they have other categories / rooms available, though I can't see any legitimate reason for them to do this. Sometimes I have emailed back immediately or even called them if it's urgent and found that there are upgrades to categories not offered in email correspondence. Weird.
MaldivesFreak I received this email from Conrad Rangali regarding upgrades:"Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa with pool USD 600.60 per night inclusive of taxes.

Kindly note that for the upgrade we only have Deluxe Beach Villas available for your booking date."
....And are not offering complimentary upgrades.

Are they just playing hardball? Or, don't count on any Diamond upgrades for our trip? We'll be there mid Dec

Thanks in advance.