FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Abyssmal food on board
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:21 pm
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
We don't fly for the food. We fly to get there.

When MrsDallas49er used to travel with me out of CDG, because we were monthly regulars, she would avoid the CDG AC like it was the plague, but leave the CX lounge with a "goody bag" of wontons, dumplings, soup, and other goodies, gladly prepared by staff, now all since fired.

Her 2nd to last flight on AA, (Jan 8, 2020) in J, the Grumpy Granny head FA, after the meal service was done, of which she had none except wine, refused to heat up her stuff from CX. She was told "our food is your food". When informed that more gracious FA's, in the past, had been more than happy to assist, and she would be happy to share with the crew, FA then came over to me (3 rows back on the other side) and said "Get your wife under control, or I'm telling the captain to put us down.". My reply, "After 30 years of marriage, good luck with that. In fact, let's you and I go get the Captain, over heating up egg rolls and Wontons." The Captain agreed with me, when he eventually came out of cockpit to go to the bathroom 45 minutes later.

DL gets her business now. 100%

Last edited by Dallas49er; Sep 14, 2021 at 6:34 pm