FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:32 pm
marcusm1

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Correct, and it's only payable after travel anyway. So it's usually counter-productive to have a discussion about this, especially before travel. This is a situation which may end up with CEDR, but BA have probably unintentionally weakened their own position because they no longer offer a full cancellation refund in this scenario, so it's not as though they are giving you the full cancellation options. But BA's position, as expressed by Customer Relations, is that this downgrade compensation is for short notice changes or at the gate. It just doesn't say that in the Regulation.
Thanks CWS
This was a flight taken in April and since then I've had two unhelpful responses from CS and a fob off response to a written letter. The response I pasted was through the online complaint form suggested by BA agent when I called.

I was aware not to bother before flying for your quoted reason but also F may have been put back it I had accepted the change which I did not.

So presuming now I can follow that up with a "you're wrong and reconsider"" message then presuming they stick to their guns next step will be CEDR