FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:46 am
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

2. There is a standard meet 'n greet that comes with every reservation. Not sure what you're wanting specifically but it takes care of everything. On departure they take your luggage right up to customs if you need it. Don't need to lift a finger.

3. There are some good recommendations in the wiki for standard BV. Perhaps you missed them.
Actually I've never seen anyone here post about staying in a 2-bed DBV. If you do stay in one please be sure to post back with your experience and some pics.
2. Since I am traveling with parents (who are celebrating their anniversary),and my wife - was planning to make them experience something on the likes of AF La Premieré ground service (I know nothing will come close to AF La Premieré service, but...) - private transfer to the terminal, clearing security and immigration in a less crowded environment, and transferring straight to the sea-plane. On a related topic, on the day of departure, do you get to use the Conrad lounge at the airport after checking in for your flight?

3. You are right - I did miss the BV recommendations - was so swept up by the beautiful pics of GWVs and OWVs...really do hope that we are able to secure a 2 bedroom villa, as it's 4 of us. And yes, if we do end up in a 2 bedroom, I will share all the details, including pictures.

Originally Posted by mb123
Last year , i got an upgrade offer from WV to 2 bdrm GWV, 1280++, including breakfast for 2 additional guests.
Expect to pay a little bit less, than the cash rate diffrence between the room you booked and the room you want to have.
Awesome - thanks for the data point! I hope that upgrade rate is overall, and not per night? And, if I may ask - how long was your stay?

Originally Posted by neuro0
Last time I was there, I saw some private vans ushering few passengers away at soon as they got off the flight stairs. I assume they had paid for special meet and greet service.
Yep - this is exactly what I had in mind. Was wondering if any FT'er had experience in availing this service?

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Sep 14, 2021 at 1:47 am Reason: Upgrade rate clarification