FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:50 pm
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
About a year ago when the pandemic was almost half year old, I spoke to a GS agent on how many of them were left. I posted the answer on FT but I forgt where. I also do not remember the answer. I guess it was something like they let about 1/3 go in the first around and then half of the remaining the second round, such that the total number dwindles to perhaps 30+/-. At that time and many months since, every call I made reached a true GS agent, we often chat about the strange situation we were in, sharing a bound that emerged as a result of mutual empathy. I can see that with the recovery of travels since spring, there is now a shortage of GS agents.

In order to avoid wasting time, I sometimes just ask a direct question, are you a GS agent? I know I was rude, but I think we save each other's time. So far I seem to have been wrong 100%, because the answer has always been "Yes, I am a GS agent". No one was upset with me, at least didn't sound that way.