FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for bank with NO foreign transaction fee ATM
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:03 pm
saltytheseagull

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by swampwiz
Yes, my problem with CapitalOne is that they only allow a customer a SINGLE ATM card. Lose it? To quote Dirty Harry, "you're out of luck".

I have decided on FBKC, which seems to have been a floundering old school bank that was bought up with the intent to turn it into an internet bank (SoFI had similarly bought Bank of Missouri to do so), and had NO PROBLEM getting my ID checked out, unlike for SoFi. Once I get 1 account up & running, I'll get the 6 others going easily.

For the record, I will have 7 accounts as:

[0]: main one used for auto-pay, regular-pay & ATM
[1]: account for receiving ACH transfers done by this bank
[2]: account for receiving ACH transfers done from sending bank
[3],[4],[5]: spare accounts for when the debit card for [0] is lost
[6]: empty account to be used when businesses I don't completely trust need an account (e.g., Paypal, since they have been known in the past to automatically try debiting a checking account instead of using a credit card)

Now all I need is a credit card that has NO membership fee, NO foreign fee, pays a decent cash-back, and gives me a $2K limit (I'll be getting a Russian dentist to replace my dental implant, and that will cost a little over $1K - and which I am sure an American dentist wouldn't touch for under $5K). I have CapitalOne Quicksilver, and it seems that they just don't want to increase the limit from the initial $1K for anyone. I have already been declined For BankOfAmerica's, and I couldn't get past the stupid ID check for SoFi (just like for their checking account). I don't think there are any other credit cards out there that will do this.
Why do you need so many accounts?