FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:44 pm
Warriorconcept

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Hoping someone can help for an upcoming trip next week. I'll be going to Greece for 5 days and have a flight booked RT ATH-SOF (Bulgaria).

My question is if I'll be allowed in SOF as I'll be traveling from Greece. I'm a dual US/Italy citizen, so I suppose I can swap to my Italian passport if need be. Relevant Bulgaria requirement from us state department below. Thanks all!

Please note that the current Bulgarian entry requirements are based on the country of departure only—not on citizenship and not on countries through which you transit. If you are departing from a Red Zone country, you must meet one of the listed exceptions to enter—the fact that you are vaccinated or have a negative COVID test result is not considered an exception. That means U.S. Citizens starting their travel from Green or Orange Zones may enter Bulgaria under the conditions listed in the new Health Order of the Bulgarian Ministry of Health (Order RD-01-733/27.08.2021 ) that are in effect from September 1, 2021, through November 30, 2021.

Exceptions: Those excepted from Red zone entry restrictions include: Citizens of the European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation and their family members arriving from a Member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation;