FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:56 pm
md80only

It looks like most of the recent discussions here have been about BOA vs Chase. Which, I like this discussion. I have 6 versions of the Cash Rewards cards so I get the 5.25% back on up to $15k a quarter and can choose 6 different categories each month. It is legit. And if you have the new Unlimited Cash Rewards Card or Travel Rewards Card all generic spending is at 2.625% which is unmatchable except by that PennFed or some random small cards I think. I still keep CSR though because 1) buy flights on it through the portal and they are worth 7.5% back (5 ppd and then the multiplier), 2) buy rental cards through portal worth 15% (10 ppd plus multiplier), 3) charge internet/phone to Chase Ink for 7.5% back (5ppd then send to CSR for multiplier), 4) household member has CFU for 4.5% dining (3 ppd then send to my CSR for multiplier, this is their biggest category and they get 2.25% on everything else and it is nice to not have to reconcile anything on the statements each month, everything on that card is hers). So I personally rake on both of these.

Now, my question and why I came to this particualar thread -
Does anyone have insights into what is happening with PYB after Sept 30? It has been a gold mine for me. Before I bought flights with my UR which is good, but because of the above method I am essentially losing $75 for every $1,000 flight I redeem with points if PYB goes away. I hope they at least let it rotate categories and things like that.