FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2020-21)
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:49 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Thanks for your quick reply. One clarification: if I buy a fully refundable ticket for ~$500, do I charge the entire amount to Amex Plat, or split ($250 GC + $250 Amex)?
It doesn't need to be fully refundable, since DL is waiving change fees. When I said "changeable" I just meant any non-BE fare, although now that I think about it those have become flexible again as well, I think? And/or you could do it within the 24 hour window.

If you are going the route I suggested of buying ticket #1 for ~$450-515 and then modifying it to the ticket you actually want (call this ticket #2) then you can pay for ticket #1 however you feel like; the point here is that when you change it to ticket #2 you will be paying effectively an eCredit (the full value of ticket #1) plus some amount between $185-$250 for the difference in fare. This $185-$250 will post as an additional collection and be reimbursed accordingly.