FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Viability / Financial Future due to the COVID-19 Era [Consolidated]
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:13 am
dmurphynj

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't think that's realistic. Business travel demand will never go anywhere near what it once was. Most businesses realize that travel is rarely necessary - those that haven't will fail.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Maybe for internal business, sure. But for those of us in sales? Nothing - and I really mean nothing - garners sales like face-to-face in person meetings.

I'm extremely lucky in my industry; with several decades (how the heck did I get that old?) of relationships with my largest clients, I've been doing well through the pandemic. But if I'm being honest, I'm more "farming" than "hunting." I've got few new relationships and mostly just extending existing ones.

That's not sustainable over the long haul. It's a good cycle for now, and has let us prosper in the storm, but not healthy over the long haul for business.

I'll be back out there. Already have been for some small hops, but once my clients are back in their offices, I'll be alongside them, wherever that may be.

I live in a very high tech industry, but my most potent techniques and tactics are as old as time.