FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii - added COVID requirements for Canadian travelers over Mainland USA travelers
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:15 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I just booked 9 nights at the Kahala for late October a few days before this was announced. Now looks like I'll have to cancel. I'm fully vaccinated in Canada, but there doesn't seem to be any workaround other than getting a negative Covid test every 2 days in order to eat in restaurants which would be expensive and inconvenient. If they had exempted outdoor dining, then I would still go. I'm not ordering Uber Eats for 9 days though. Either this was really hastily and sloppily designed or they just really want to discourage tourism right now.
My guess is the latter although you never know as they have proven over and over that they just don’t think things through. And now one hotel chain has just announced they will not accept unvaccinated guests. Note they have not specifically said they will follow the Safe Access Oahu rule of not recognizing vaccines administered outside of the US though. I suspect this will be just the first and that others will follow suit. Highgate consists of 7 hotels; Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, Courtyard Marriott Waikiki Beach, Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach, Park Shore Waikiki and Pearl Hotel Waikiki

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...K-rTOUvKRNg8pk

Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach and Highgate Hawaii’s collection of seven hotels are announcing today that they will begin requiring proof of full vaccination for all employees, guests and patrons.

The hotel company is the first in Hawaii to announce a vaccination mandate of this breadth. The new requirements will start Oct. 15.