FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:02 am
Happy Traveling Consultant

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint: Applied yesterday for my second AmEx Business Plat (with no lifetime verbiage in offer terms). First attempt via emailed link with 9/30/21 expiration, website stated “offer no longer available”. Second attempt via offer on my AmEx offers list, instant approval. Very pleasantly surprised.

First application was 6 months ago 100,000 for $15K, this one is 150,000 for $15K. Approx $80K spend (mostly taxes) on first account thus far.

FWIW, for the first account the application stated “$595 Annual Fee” and cardmember agreement (both hard copy which arrived with the card and downloaded from website) states “Annual Membership Fee $0 for the first year, then $595”, I was not charged an AF. For the second account the application stated the same thing and the downloaded cardmember agreement states “Annual Membership Fee $595”. Certainly was not expecting another free lunch 😉.

For the first account, perhaps due to my call to request a different statement date, my first statement was 63 days after account opening date and I had to meet the minimum spend twice on 2 different statements before AmEx posted it. Hope they don’t jerk me around for the bonus this time. Wondering if I should apply again in another few months?
Apply for another one, but it needs to be 3, not 2, months. 91 days exactly works. I'm working on Biz Plat #3 MSR for the same SUB of 150k. Applied on day 91 and was instantly approved.