FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK starting to charge for Seating in International Flights ( 2021 & onwards )
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:09 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Channel 9
So we are 4 people, who booked through United: SFO-FRA (UA), then FRA-IST (TK), but I'm having no luck getting us seated next to each other.

We are on 3 different reservations, as one is a miles ticket, two are on a cheaper economy, and I'm in higher grade economy (to pump up my United status, and I'm a Star Gold).

Any tricks to getting TK to seat us together ahead of time? United can't do it (even though TK tells you they can - I know they can't). The Turkish call center doesn't seem to help, they suggest calling the SF ticket office but that just routes back to the Turkish call center.

At the moment, the day we check in with United, we'll be given automatic seats not together on TK with no way to fix it. Any tips?
If you have the Turkish PNR's for each respective tickets, you could try to purchase seats via the app.
You are also right in the fact that United would auto assign seats for the TK segments if there are no seats assigned. Worst case scenario, the gate agent in Frankfurt might able to reseat you all together.